Bank of America Awards $300,000 Grant to Career Nexus, a Fresno DRIVE Initiative to Prepare Fresno County Young Adults for High-Demand Careers at Scale
Grant, a Capstone Gift, Helps the Region’s Diverse Workforce Obtain Jobs in High-Wage Sectors and Builds Employer Pipelines
Fresno, California, July 20, 2021 … The Central Valley Community Foundation (CVCF) is proud to announce that Bank of America has made a capstone gift of $300,000 to Career Nexus, one of Fresno DRIVE’s 19 initiatives. This represents the largest grant Bank of America has awarded in Fresno.
Career Nexus Piloting Innovative Career Ecosystem with Paid Internships to Prepare Young Adults to Fill High-Demand, Good Paying Jobs in the Greater Fresno Region
A Fresno Business Council program and a Fresno (CA) DRIVE initiative operating under shared community values, Career Nexus aligns efforts to foster diverse talent and industries with plans to scale program in the thousands by January 2022.
Fresno, California, April 27 2021 … The Fresno Business Council (FBC) is proud to announce Career Nexus, a unique and comprehensive career ecosystem comprised of employers, education, training and support partners, and young adult interns. The program, currently in its…
- Broken Ladders: New program in Fresno provides young people real work experienceAurora Salazar, 27, did not have a clear idea of how she would attain her goal of becoming an accountant until she joined Career Nexus in December 2021. The Madera resident was a good student until she became pregnant in… Read more: Broken Ladders: New program in Fresno provides young people real work experience
- Career Nexus provides soft skills training for City of Fresno internsIn addition to job training and mentorship, the program provides a livable wage and a career path with the city.
- Bank of America + Career NexusBank of America is investing in Hispanic-Latino teammates, clients and communities.
- GV Wire: Big Check Boosts Internship Program + Where Fresno Ranks in New Education SurveyCareer Nexus, a regional program designed to help young adults get paid for job training and move into the workforce, got a big shot in the arm on Tuesday morning.
- The Business Journal: Bank of America Grant to Help Create Paid InternshipsCentral Valley young adults will have a shot at higher paying jobs through paid training after Bank of America invested $300,000 into Career Nexus and the Fresno DRIVE Initiative.
- FOX26: $300,000 grant issued towards Fresno community initiativeThe Central Valley Community Foundation (CVCF) announced Tuesday that Bank of America recently made a hefty donation toward Career Nexus, an initiative that provides young adults with work-based experience.
- SJVC Sun: Fresno DRIVE lands $300k grant from Bank of America. Here’s where it’s going.Fresno’s DRIVE Initiative received a sizable donation from Bank of America intended to help young adults prepare for high-demand careers. Bank of America gifted $300,000 – the largest donation it has awarded in Fresno – to Career Nexus, one of DRIVE’s… Read more: SJVC Sun: Fresno DRIVE lands $300k grant from Bank of America. Here’s where it’s going.
- ABC30: Program helps develop Fresno workforce with paid internshipsSparks are flying as materials are welded at United Western Industrial in northwest Fresno. The company is a manufacturer of heavy-duty truck parts.
- GV Wire: New Fresno Effort Aims to Unleash Young Workers, Boost BusinessesA just-unveiled program in Fresno is designed to bridge a long-standing gap between graduation and career for young adults, and turbo-charge the area’s economy. Savanah Ruiz, who graduates in a few weeks from Duncan Poly, is an example of the… Read more: GV Wire: New Fresno Effort Aims to Unleash Young Workers, Boost Businesses
- The Business Journal: New Program Funds, Places Interns for Local CompaniesFresno has both a shortage of workers and a bubble of young adults in low-paying, on-career jobs. A new pilot program is aiming to solve both issues. The Career Nexus launched its pilot program with 10 interns this spring and… Read more: The Business Journal: New Program Funds, Places Interns for Local Companies
- The Business Journal: Internship Program to Connect Workers with Local BusinessesThe Fresno Business Council announced Tuesday the launch of a pilot program to connect partnering businesses with young adults looking for internships, with added education and training. According to a press release, the Career Nexus will work with education and… Read more: The Business Journal: Internship Program to Connect Workers with Local Businesses
- LifeHacker: How to Survive a ‘Sink or Swim’ Work AtmosphereWhen I was 21, fresh out of college and navigating California’s broken job market in the pits of the Great Recession, I got a public radio internship and was overjoyed.
- Forbes: Senators Introduce Breakthrough Bill For Paid InternshipsThis week, U.S. Senators Cory Booker (D-NJ) and Tim Scott (R-SC) introduced a bipartisan bill, the Department of State Student Internship Program Act, to tackle issues of equity as part of the State Department’s signature internship program. The bill pushes for paid internship opportunities to provide minimum… Read more: Forbes: Senators Introduce Breakthrough Bill For Paid Internships